Code of Good Crushing Practice for Palm Kernel Crushers (Photocopy)
This Code of Good Crushing Practice was developed by the Malaysian Palm oil Board with the objective of providing guidelines in the production, processing, handling, storage and transportation of crude palm kernel oil and palm kernel cake.
The processing, handling, storage and transportation of palm kernel oil and palm kernel is an important part in the production of palm kernel oil from the palm kernel. The adoption of good practice will ensure food security hygiene and safety.
This Code of Good Crushing Practice identifies the proper procedures in the processing, handling and storage of the products, as well as the maintenance of the processing plant, facilities and equipment to ensure that the products are in a safe and hygienic environment.
The industry should become familiar with all the relevant and applicable recommendation given in this Code and put them into practice in the day-to-day operation as an additional measure to enhance the quality and safety of products from the oil palm.
It must be emphasized that compliance with this Code of Good Crushing Practice does not itself confer immunity from legal obligations.
- To establish a food safety system in the production, processing, handling, storage and distribution of palm kernel oil (PKO) and palm kernel cake (PKC)
- To assist the industry in enhancing food safety and quality requirements of PKO as food and PKC as feeding stuffs
- To provide guidance to palm kernel crushers in establishing procedures for:
- Handling andstorage of incoming palm kernel (PK)
- Processing of PK at the crushing and extraction plants in the production of CPKO and PKC
- Handling, storage and transportation of CPKO and PKC